Wednesday, August 17, 2016

University of Sydney - Participants Required LGBTIQ Experiences of Donor Assisted Conception/Surrogacy

Call for Particpants
I have spoken to Jaya and can confirm that whilst she is based in NSW, she is happy to do the interviews by Skype if you are not.

I know that there is a significant number of mixed-race/mixed-ethnicity/mixed-culture couples who have done surrogacy (myself included). If you can help Jaya - please contact her by email below. I know she would appreciate it.
Cheers
Rodney

CALL OUT FOR INTERVIEW PARTICIPANTS
My name is Jaya Keaney, I am a researcher in Gender and Cultural Studies at the University of Sydney. I am doing a study on the role of race and ethnicity in LGBTIQ experiences of donor-assisted conception and surrogacy, and I’m currently looking for interview participants.
There is very little academic research exploring LGBTIQ experiences of assisted reproduction, and even less examining intersections with race and ethnicity. This has a negative impact on appropriate service provision for diverse families wanting to access assisted reproduction, and on broader cultural understandings of the experiences of our LGBTIQ communities, and the wide variety of family structures in Australia. My research seeks to fill this gap using interviews.
Have you ever used, or thought about using, donated eggs, sperm or a surrogate to conceive a child? Do you live in Australia? Do you identify as LGBTIQ? If yes, I would love to hear about your experiences!

Participating involves being interviewed for roughly 1 hour at a venue of your choosing. We would talk about your experiences of donor-assisted conception or surrogacy – what the process was like, the kinds of decisions you had to make, and how you felt about it. I am looking for participants of all races and ethnicities. Your interview would be used in the production of a PhD thesis and other related publications.
If you’re interested or have any questions, please get in touch! Email me at jaya.keaney@gmail.com

No comments: